An 18 minute talk on the Jody Mac Show (CBS Sports Radio) breaking down the early storylines of the 2016 NBA Draft.
1) Taking stock of college basketball from a team perspective, and how things might play out in March
2) Ben Simmons - how does he compare with LeBron James and Andrew Wiggins, and what kind of skill-set does he have. How well suited to playing with some of the worst teams in the NBA right now.
3) Brandon Ingram - could he contend for #1? What are the strengths of his game. What is his upside?
4) The NBA scouting process, and the dangers of anointing a player #1 in November.
5) Kris Dunn - the strengths of his game, his decision to stay in school, and the intangibles he brings off the court
6) Kristaps Porzinigis - how much will his play this season affect the way international players are perceived? Both from an NBA scouting standpoint, and from the fan/media side. What can we learn from him about the value of mental toughness.
7) Dragan Bender - how does he compare with Porzingis? What kind of skill-set does he have. How has he evolved over time. What kind of prospect is he?
8) Skal Labissiere - Why its foolish to write him off and label him as a bust at this point in his career. Where might he get drafted? What are the strengths of his game?