Atlanta goes home with a one point win behind 16 points from Marvin Williams
, Anthony Grundy and Anthony Wilkins. Louis Williams
leads the way for Philadelphia again with 27 points, 6 assists and another 8 turnovers. Steven Smith
adds 16 points to go with Carney's 18 points and 2 blocked shots.
Seattle tries a twin towers lineup featuring Swift and Sene, but these towers can't shoot.. Dallas counters with a balanced attack led by Darius Washington
, Pops Mensah-Bonsu
and Rawle Marshall
. Dallas wins 91-87.
Utah finally starts Brewer and he rewards them with an excellent effort but a poor shooting night. Araujo finds his shooting touch for the second night in a row. Melvin Saunders puts the ball in the hoop over and over again and the Spurs win 86-75Game 1 Philadelphia 76ers 81 Philadelphia apparently wanted to make an earlier flight out requested the game to be changed to 1:00 PM. I had other commitments at this time and missed the entire game. The box score says it must have been a wild game.Louis Williams
- played 39 of 40 minutes and scored 27 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds and 8 turnovers. A normal game for him here.Steven Smith
- played another good game with 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 1 assist.Ivan McFarlin
- continues to play very well despite giving up at least 2 inches and 25 pounds to his opponents night in and night. Today he got 8 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal. Ivan has played almost as well as he could in the Revue, but without a jumper or some other way to be a consistent offensive threat his chances for roster spot on a NBA are small.Rodney Carney
- had 18 points, 2 rebounds, a steal and 2 blocked shots.Bobby Jones
- hardly played again due to his lingering hamstring injury and Steven Smith
stellar play. Atlanta Hawks 82 Marvin Williams
-played 27 minutes in his poorest game of the revue, scoring 16, getting 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 turnovers.Shelden Williams
-had his best overall scoring 8 points and nabbing 10 rebounds in 27 minutes and importantly no personal fouls. He also added 3 blocked shots, a steal and a assist.Solomon Jones
-had a good game 6 points, getting 3 rebounds and blocking 2 shots. He also continues to be in foul trouble all the time.Carl Edwards
-played well in 14 minutes scoring 9 points, netting 4 assists, a steal, a block and 2 rebounds.
Game 2 Seattle Sonics 87 Saer Sene
-after his great game against the Jazz in Day 3, struggled a little more on offense because Pavel's size forced him to use his quickness with poor results. All of Mouhamed's points tonight came by hustling on put-back dunks both on fast breaks and in the open court. He showed the ability to explosively dunk back misses, but several didn't count as his teammates were fouled on their way to the hoop. He showed his agility into ducking around Dallas defenders and trying to reverse two layups (which he missed badly, but his footwork was good.) Defensively he uses his quickness to hedge screens and recover to his man like a man 4 inches shorter. He has a bad habit reaching as guards drive past him, but his hands are quick so he doesn't pick many fouls that way. Mouhamed's hands are average at best and if he is surprised by a pass or if it is especially hard he will lose it out of bounds. He also some good passing skills by making a great full-court lead pass to Aaron Miles
. Sene ended with 5 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals and 3 turnovers in 20 minutes of play.Yotam Halperin
-had very good shooting in the first half going 3 for 3 on 2 long jumpers and excellent crossover that lead to layup on a fastbreak. Yotam excels at passing the ball and is aware of his teammates at all times. On one play he got into the paint, pump-faked to get the big in the air and passed to a wide-open teammate for the layup. Yotam didn't play much in the 2nd and ended with 7 points, 7 assists, a rebound and a turnover. Defensively Yotam was alright tonight, but offensively he was the best point on the floor.Robert Swift
- did a great job rotating, challenging and going after blocks getting 4 for the night. He has lost his touch on his jumper. He missed several easy jumpers that skipped over the front of the rim and off the back. Robert still has his excellent footwork, but he need to learn to use in power moves now that he has some power to call upon. For Robert this has to be disappointing showing in the Revue. He ended with 6 points, 5 rebounds and 4 blocked shots.Aaron Miles
- had some good moments but he has lost the ball several times due to Darius Washington
's pressure defense. He made a few jumpers and is an active, pressuring defender. Despite playing the lion shared of the point guard minutes he ended with only 9 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, a rebound and 4 turnover.Desmon Farmer
-shot the 3 ball well again tonight. His jumper is not what you show you son to emulate but it is consistently on target or just off. Desmon was also aggressive in driving to the basket earning several fouls. Desmon ended with 22 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steal and 3 turnovers. Dallas Mavericks 91 Ager DNP, the Mavs have seen enough of him.
Mbenga DNP, same reason.Darius Washington
- over the last two games of the revue someone or something lit a fire under Darius. He been very aggressive using his speed to attack in the open court, playing tough physical pressure defense and driving the lane in the half court. He also used the pick'n'roll to get into the lane and make several nice bounce passes to his rolling teammates. He displayed his mental toughness on one play, he was blocked by Swift thought he was fouled (he certain took a hard fall.) Instead of complaining to ref, on the next play he took the ball to hoop hard and made the tough lay in over Swift. Darius need to improve his recognition of the full court press and how to break it. Darius had 12 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, a steal and 6 turnovers (mostly from Seattle's press). Darius should pick somewhere as a 3rd string point to work on the mental aspects of his game.Pops Mensah-Bonsu
-as always for Pops he came out attacking the rim hard and going for blocks with his athleticism. Tonight he upped his effort working his way into tough rebounds over the taller Sene and Swift. He also played tough post defense and using his quickness to rotate out on guards effectively. Pops also showed some excellent hands catching some very poor passes. Pops ended with 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 2 turnovers in 24 minutes.Josh Powell
-is a better athlete then most of the competition and shows it in his rebounding and by scoring around the bucket over smaller players. He handles the ball well for a 6'9 man and his jumper is smooth and has good rotation. It just hasn't gone down consistently. Josh used to be able to just out jumper potential shot blockers but he needs to learn to use his body well to shield the ball. Josh got 9 points, 5 rebounds, a assist and a steal with 2 turnovers. Pavel Podkolzin
- had a great first half capitalizing on his size for easy buckets and easy rebounds. He also was presence on defense by only standing up straight and holding his position. I have seen some slow incremental improvement of Pavel over the years but he isn't ready to be on an NBA court yet.Rawle Marshall
- played his normal game driving to the basket rebounding and using his speed to slip into cracks in the paint. His jumper looks smooth, with good rotation and ended 2 for 3 from the 3 point line. Rawle ended with 23 points, 3 rebounds, a assist and 4 turnovers.
Game 3 Utah Jazz 79 Rafael Araujo
- for games in a row he looked much more comfortable with spots he gets the ball in Utah's offense. He is is playing better position D and not reaching. He did commit one hard foul on Otis George
sending him to the floor. He is learning when he has space to drive and when he needs to take the 18 foot jumper even if it isn't going down. He has good speed for a big man and used into run into two nice reverse layups. Hoffa isn't going to post anyone up soon in the NBA but he can score in enough ways to keep the defense honest. Araujo ended with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks and 3 turnovers in 23 minutes.Paul Millsap
- hands, hands, hands. I don't mean to harp on this but Paul's hands are incredible. He showed more quick reactions to loose balls and changing situations making the right pass or pulling the ball out. For a right handed player Paul has an excellent left had as he should with a faceup and drive from the free throw line with the left hand and finish with the left. He also showed quick spin moves in the post, finishing with a teardrop jumper. Put forth his normal dogged effort on the glass. Paul would benefit from learning to use the glass better around the hoop, and I see some potential for him to play small forward in the future. Paul ended with 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a turnover.Dee Brown
-played hard on D and dug the ball out of the post once. He played at SG for about 6 minutes ineffectively. He was able to get into the lane tonight a few times off of screen and scored or was fouled effectively. This forces me to revise my reason why Dee isn't a better point guard. Dee has not show any explosive first step. Or any ability to blow past defenders. And if he doesn't have it, I don't know if he can develop it. Dee got 7 points, 2 assists, a steal, a rebound and 2 turnovers.Ronnie Brewer
- his outside jumper wasn't going tonight. He committed some turnovers in the open court by dumping the ball behind his streaking teammates. Ronnie is an excellent anticipator on defense which lead to 3 steals. Seeing his jumper didn't go in the first half, Ronnie earned his way to the free line many times in the 3rd quarter by running on break and going strong to the hoop. He finished with 17 points, 3 steals, 1 assist, and 1 block.CJ Miles
had 2 fast break layups blocked in the first half because he slows down to shoot and he goes up weak.. In the 2nd half he went hard to the hoop trying to dunk the ball each time and finishing or getting the foul. He still commits way top many turnovers with poor ball handling and poor choices in passing. At the end of the game showed his improved strength by completing an dunk through the foul. CJ might be able to help the Jazz in stretches, but he has lot of poor decision making to overcome. CJ had 15 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steal and 4 turnovers.San Antonio Spurs 86Ian Mahinmi
-still quick good moves in the post but no finishes. Tries to help on defense but has trouble getting the right position to challenge a shot and not foul. Mahinmi has some real talent but is a lot of work and weight away from being able to play in the NBA. He ended with 10 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 turnover in 26 minutes.Melvin Saunders
-a great offensive game. He hit shots midrange, long range and from tough angles off the glass. He worked the Spurs offense to perfect freeing him self for a jumper or a drive. He is a tough player but isn't tall enough or quick enough to pressure the good athletes at the SG position. He passed to right man when double but his pass was often wild. He drive to the hoop hard and uses his strength to finish plays. Melvin earned 27 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 turnovers.